Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lately I've been very busy, I will post picturers but Oni has my laptop and won't be back from his business trip until tonight:( lately I've been frustrated, I have gestational diabetes and no matter what I do my levels stay high in the afternoon!!! No always but enough that I now have to take a small pill:( ok so I took this pill an hr before I ate, ummm yea didn't help!!!! It's the highest ever!!! Ahhhhh!!160 is not ok! I'm upset and want to just throw my arms in the air and cry and kick and scream. I know the dangers if it's not under control, would I prefer insulin???? Sadly, yes. Why? Wks quicker..... A pill takes longer to breakdown.... I will keep taking it but only becaue I'm determined to have it under control.... This really makes me think twice , before I wouldn't worry about getting diabetes.... Now that I have GD I'm more at risk than before.....it makes me realize I need to be extra careful..... I'm venting so I'm sorry, I've had a wonderful pregnancy and very few issues and had a great baby shower.... Just at this moment I needed to get my frustrations out thanks for listening I'll post more about the good things once I get my laptop:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Boy prima. You are doing the best you can. Time is near for him to be born. Just keep thinking about him. I am so sorry. I see you doing the best you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand your frustration and I am sorry you have to go through it but you and the baby will be fine. My best friend went through it with all 3 of her babies.

    I know you may not want to hear this but I have to say it. Just because your dad and our other family members have diabetes it does NOT mean you will get it. Diabetes is so controlable with proper nutrition and exercise.

    You are in my prayers and I know God has you and the baby in His hands. You will be okay just relax. You being stressed out and having pains also can cause your sugar to spike up. Cortisol is released in the body when it undergoes stress. Try to relax, meditate, take nice baths when you can. Love you.

    ReplyDelete