Sunday, April 10, 2011

Tastebuds

So the pediatrician mentioned that we need to start giving Angel some baby food not meals just yet but more of "tasting" some foods. Earlier in his 4mon I gave him some fresh banana by scrapping the banana with a baby spoon he didn't carr for it so I didn't push it. So Saturday I decided to try again since it was time for him to eat anyways and he smacks his lips when he's hungry so sees us eating I grabbed a banana and a spoon and gave him a taste, at first he made faces and looked away but then once he swallowed it he looked happy he continued to try it and seemed happy about it he'd actually hold my hand while the spoon was in his mouth and would get fussy if I took to long to give him more lol. Now I can't give him to much yet but with time he'll be able to give him more than just tastes;)

my plan for him is to make him foods at home. I'm not against moms that buy baby foods I did that for the girls but I also made them foods at home and so did my inlaws I just really rather start him off more natural. I know I won't be able to make it all the time but if I can 90% of the time I'll be happy;)

Txs for cking up on him

2 comments:

  1. Home made foods are the BEST :) do you thing mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make a larger quantity on the weekends and freeze them or store them in fridge. I found some tiny baby food jar size tupperware. I use them for jazzy's lunch but they are great for preparing and storing baby food.

    I know you can do it just remember you are doing what is best for your little angel.

    ReplyDelete