Friday, March 23, 2012

No more stinky!

Well yesterday we took Angel to his orthopedic appointment, they called us in and straight to take off his cast, he sat on my lap while daddy helped comfort him.They put a towel under his arm and thats when he started crying I think he remembered last time we were there, they did the samething before putting the cast on. I made the mistake of asking alot of questions about the saw getting close to the skin, yup it can and will cut geez can he atleast lie to me?? I got nervous but I held onto my baby boy tight and they started sawing away, he did ok he cried but stopped now and then to watch....the saw made a loud noise it vibrated on his arm and also made it warm. Once it was off they cut the rest away and dad requested to keep it (ewww) I was sooo happy to have that thing off his arm was STINKY!!!!!!!!! but then we found out no cleaning his arm for an hour .

After the cast was removed we were sent for an x-ray to see how his fracture was, he did ok he did fuss but not much, he was just nervous since last time it hurt to stretch his arm. Once that was done we waited in the room which seemed FOREVER but the Dr came in and said "Good news, he doesnt need a cast" Ok well let me rephrase that, he still has a fracture but its surrounded with a callous and you can see the fracture, she brought in a copy of the x-ray, she suggested we keep it off so it can keep healing or we could put it back on, Oni wanted it back on but she did say that if he crawls the pressure will help the bones press together so we agreed to keep it off, I told him to tell her thank you and to blow a kiss but he leaned forward and rested his head on her (his way of hugging) HE NEVER DOES THAT TO ANYONE HE DOESNT KNOW!!

Once we were gone we made a 3week fu appointment to make sure his fracture is gone by then he does have a bump on his arm where the callous is but that should go away in about 6-9months!!! =( Onve in the car he was soooo happy!! clapping and dancing away it was sweet....he crawled at first like he still had his cast on but it back to normal stomping on his arms lol we do need to keep an eye on him to make sure he doesnt reinjure himself.......=) oh and he got a GOOD long bath and I made sure his arm was super clean!!!

thanks for cking on him!

2 comments:

  1. What a brave guy! I am so glad that thing is off of his arm. I am sure you are too. Angel is so adorable with or without the cast LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww so glad it is finally off. LOL @ it was stinky..LOL! I can't remember if Jazzy's was too when she had hers. I am sure it was. :)

    ReplyDelete