Saturday, November 27, 2010

Less sleep more diapers

Well since I breast feed he sleeps less because he digest the milk quicker....@__@ I'm exhausted. He weighs 6.4oz he lost 10% so he was only 6lbs. His Dr was concerned because he was still a little yellow so she asked me to also give him some formula so he can gain weight quicker, she is not for bottle but she wanted him to be out of the woods for jaundice. I was very hesitant, but for him I did it he drank first from both sides.... Then 1/2-1oz of formula after.... He gained 4oz so he's ok now:) yay! He feeds more also he use to last 10-15min but now it's 20min unless he's falling asleep, he has more wet and dirty diapers also. He sleeps better at night but day time he's up more often it becomes overwhelming sometimes.... Yesterday I cried.... I was only able to shower eat breakfast and brush my teeth.... I eat quick. Oni does help as much as he can, changes diapers and burps him , he'll hold him when he's not wanting to eat. But that will last a few minutes then it's all me again. I'm grateful I have family to lean on.... While I cried Oni said he understands... I know he tries to but doesn't 100%..... he is the one that wanted me to BF I wasn't on board... Now I am 100% and he even said it's ok if I decide to stop I won't though...even Gena said it's ok mommy we love u... Oni doesn't expect the house to be clean an dinner made... It's me who wants to have things done but now it's become clear I need to nap when Angel does and if I can't clean oh well... Like my cousin said... I need to enjoy this little moments with him.... He will grow up fast and it only last a few months that he feeds like this, I want to pump so this way I can have Oni feed him... I love my little man he makes me feel beautiful:)

2 comments:

  1. Lynnette-this is the first time, since you have had kids that you are doing things the most difficult way. Most moms do the easy way because well, it's easy. But you are giving him the best he can possibly have and it will benefit him for the rest of his life. I know it's hard and any time you want to give up, we are supportive of you. But for what you have done so far, I applaud you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Iris. Breastfeeding is very hard. I tried for a few days and got extremely discouraged and gave up. Unfortunately I had no one to talk to or support me. You are blessed to have family and friends to lean on. You are doing amazing. love you.

    ReplyDelete