Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Picky picky............

So my son is picky......hes not much of a juice person or water, hell drink water after a few attempts but not much. Hes not a fruit fan, only if its in his oatmeal but he refuses to eat it alone. Ive mentioned before his favorite veggies so they havent changed. He is 7mon and growing , but I want him to try to eat what we eat so it makes it easier for him to transition to regular foods. I am searching for baby food recipes all I can find are different combinations in veggies and fruits. People keep telling me to give him fruits or veggies he cant have, its not their fault I dont announce to the world what hes not able to have unless they ask. I am planning to re-introduce the foods he doesnt care for........slowly. I made him some lentil soup last night it had carrots and potatoes and let me tell you, it was an experience for him to even eat half of the bowl. He can be really stubborn and will refuse to eat even though hes hungry, so I dont give in, I wont give him what he wants, it sounds mean I know but I cant have him think that mommy will give in. He is super smart and knows that if he cries and is persistant enough we will give in, but I need to show him that what I am serving him he needs to eat. I am also making sure he still doesnt fall asleep with a bottle in his mouth. It has been almost a week or so that he hasnt woke up for a bottle. He sleeps well now at night as long as hes comfortable. I love coming home from work to hear his screeches of joy and his hands up in the air.........he does the same to Akira when he sees her.......he shows who he wants and when he wants them......he will look away if he doesnt want you...........hes becoming a person full of character so quickly, soon he will be 8mon and then in a blink of an eye 1yrs old........oh my baby boy............time surely flies....

thanks for cking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment