Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Akira all grown....

Akira has grown-up so quickly, she turned 12 and graduated 6th grade the same week. Since her birthday was falling on her dads weekend, we decided to take her out on Memorial Day, she chose Corvettes Diner.......we were seated in a groovy part of the restaurant, it had black lights and when you would lift your cup or phone from the table it would leave a shadow it was pretty neat. That day she asked me to do her hair, and if she could wear some makeup since it was her special day, oh man! So I straightened her hair, and put some soft pink blush, a coat of mascara and some shimmer eye shadow and she put some lip gloss on and she looked soooo big!!! =( Everyone kept saying she looks more like me, which to her is a compliment.....I HOPE! haha.....anyway my mom and sisters her kids and friends came along with us to have lunch, while there we mentioned that it was her birthday so after she ate, they brought over a BIG ol batch of cotton candy!!! then sang her a birthday song.....she loved it. Later on a friend of ours had a song sent out to her from their speaker it was sweet. After lunch, we went home and had cake and ice cream, which I couldn't touch I was sooo full.....but she enjoyed her day. Days later, she graduated from elementary. She was a roller coaster of emotions, excited scared, sad. The day came and AGAIN mommy did her hair and makeup, her dad was there with his gf and son, his mom and my mom and older sister were there, Oni stayed home and I took the small kids with me. I was so happy to see her finish school but it makes me feel old! after they had some cake and in the auditorium they had a slide show of pictures from the past, she was sooo small when she started in that school!!! I cant believe she will be in Jr High in a few more weeks, Oni has been on her about how she dresses now, she's got a shape on her! so no shorts that we can see booty if you bend over, no holes in your jeans that are close to your crotch area, he hates that on her, and of course no low cut shirts, luckily I have a very modest daughter she hasn't embraced that she has boobies! yay! Which I'm glad about, some girls flaunt them she doesn't........lets hope this stays like that! anyway she's a big girl now and lately has been well behaved, I pray she continues her education until she finished college.....I know its a long way down that road but its a dream that she does what her heart desires be it in music acting or teaching . Thanks for cking on us!

3 comments:

  1. She is way too pretty! I think she's going to be a model :) Really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I know it's tough seeing them grow up. Jazzy wears light makeup now too and is also modest but likes to dress up girlie now. She will be starting her last year of jr high next year. :(

    Akira will be just fine. She has two sets of parents and that is great. Kids need to know they are supported and loved.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iris : thanks she wants fo be a singer or actress so I stress to her that she has to take classes and work hard ... It's not a easy road lol well see what she ends up doing :)

    Moni: it's way hard she's my first she's also becoming girlie that's weird for me! Lol but ur right each home will make sure she's doing the right thing :) and ur welcome!

    ReplyDelete